George Skarpelos email@example.com
Co Chair Erin Penner
Tom Meredith firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheila Irani email@example.com
Margaret Marmolejo firstname.lastname@example.org
Meets the first Monday of the month at 6:30pm unless otherwise noted on the Calendar of Board Events on the home page
The Agenda will be posted at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled meeting at the designated site as listed at the bottom of the Home Page.
Monday, June 04, 2018, 6:30 PM
FIRE STATION 82 ANNEX
1800 N. BRONSON AVENUE, L.A., CA 90028
Second Floor Conference Room
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, for a maximum of 20 minutes total for Public comment, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review at Counterpoint Records and Books 5911 Franklin Ave, on our website at www.myhunc.com and with EmpowerLA. In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the scheduled meeting (or location noted in the Agenda item) or by making arrangements with our office (contact information above). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Support Help Line (213) 978-1551 or email email@example.com. To subscribe directly to our Agendas, go to http://bit.ly/HwdUnitedNCsignup
Note: Agenda items may be taken out of order or merged as deemed appropriate by the Board. Action may be taken on all items.
- Roll Call (1 minutes)
- Approval of Minutes (1 minutes)
- Public Comment on items not on the Agenda (2 minutes each) (2 minutes)
- Review and discuss FY 2017/2018 Budget and how it affects additional funding requests for the June Board Meeting. (5 minutes)
- Update on status of community surveys. (10 minutes)
- Review digital outreach strategies and new technologies that we can use to better reach our stakeholders. (10 minutes)
- Discuss the purchase of sandwich board signs for use at events and meetings. (6 minutes)
- Discuss using the Argyle Civic Association bulletin board in conjunction with HUNC. (5 minutes)
- Update on promotional items most recently purchased and those items yet to be procured. (5 minutes)
- Discuss and possible vote to approve additional items for up to $4000. (5 minutes)
- Discuss the purchase of items such as cups and other objects to be used in conjunction with the new coffee and ice machines at the FS 82 Annex.
- Approve a printing of HUNC resource cards for local services. (5 minutes)
- Update on Franklin/Ivar Park Tree/Plant Give-Away to be rescheduled (from June 9) to July 21. (10 minutes)
- Discuss and vote to re-approve funding up to $1000. Discuss outreach plans for promotion and advertising. (2 minutes)
- Discuss celebration for Lake Hollywood Park mural and plans for providing $400 in refreshments. (5 minutes)
- Discuss scheduled CERT Training, beginning July 11 and plans for promotion and advertising. (5 minutes)
- Preliminary discussion of a community forum on Crime & Safety (10 minutes).
Possible objectives would be:
1) Introduce stakeholders to the Hollywood LAPD team;
2) Improve community understanding of the process and procedures for effective crime reporting;
3) Foster active and effective community engagement with the LAPD.
4) Present results from the HUNC Crime Survey
- Review and preliminary discussion concerning HUNC taking over the event previously known as "Gramercy/Garfield Annual Hollywood Halloween Pumpkin Faire. (5 minutes)
- Old/Ongoing Business
- New/Future Business
A simple majority vote by the Board members present, not including abstentions, at a meeting at which there is a quorum, shall be required to take official action, unless specified otherwise in the Bylaws ( http://www.hollywoodunitednc.org/bylawsenglish.htm ) Reconsideration: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place before the end of the meeting at which it was considered or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and take an action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a [Proposed] action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A Motion for Reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a Motion for Reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Recording Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.