CERTIFIED NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL #52, OCTOBER 15, 2002
P.O. BOX 3272, HOLLYWOOD, CA, 90078
Map of Hollywood United Neighborhood Council
Sign up now to get email notifications from your Neighborhood Council
(through Yahoo Groups):
BOARD OF NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSIONERS
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2014 – 6:00 P.M.
JOSEPH LE CONTE MIDDLE SCHOOL - AUDITORIUM
1316 NORTH BRONSON AVENUE
LOS ANGELES, CA 90028
HUNC is on there for Item #8! Please come show your support.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Discussion and possible action on Hollywood United Neighborhood Council's Bylaws Amendment Application requesting a change to their Board structure increasing their total Board size from 17 to 19 members by: (10 minutes)
1. Increasing their Renters Seats from 2 to 3.
2. Adding 1 new Parliamentarian/Historian Seat.
3. Merging 2 separate board Seat categories (Non-Profit and Faith-Based) into 1 combined Seat category (Non-Profit or Faith-Based Representatives).
4. Adding 1 new Youth Seat, in an advisory capacity.
5. Increasing Board Quorum from 9 to 10 Board members, not including advisory members
Final Recommendations http://empowerla.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/HUNC_Board-Structure-Change-Recommendation_FINAL_103114.pdf
Revised Bylaws September 2014
Barham Blvd Closing
Ford Theatre renovation plan from Zev Yaroslavsky's newsletter
The 2014 Board of Directors is sworn in by Councilmember Tom LaBonge at our April 21st Board meeting.
L-R: Kristy Noochlaor (CD4), Don Paul, Erik Sanjurjo, Anji Williams, Jim Van Dusen, Susan Swan, Councilmember Tom LaBonge, Jennifer Christie, Sheila Irani,
Cyndy Williams, Dan Halden (newly CD13), Chona Galvez, Leeor Maciborwski, Margaret Marmolejo. Absent, Robert Abrahamian, Scott Larson.
Our Board of Directors meets the 3rd Monday of the month. Check out the link at left for more details. Please check the specific Committee links (at right) for the most accurate, up-to-date details. All meeting dates/times are subject to change.
CLICK HERE for our Calendar of Events
We're on Facebook! Find us and 'like' us at Facebook.com/HollywoodUnitedNeighborhoodCouncil
We're on Twitter at HwdUnitedNC follow us!
HUNC Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Hollywood United Neighborhood Council to:
1. Create a more livable community by establishing an open line of communication between the HUNC and City Government.
2. Provide an open forum for discussion and information sharing through which all members of the HUNC may involve themselves in the affairs of the community.
3. Enhance stakeholder pride and responsibility by promoting participation in the decision-making process.
4. Be an advocacy group for issues which command broad community support.
5. Work with the City and other neighborhoods to find solutions to common problems.
6. Promote the well-being of each and every neighborhood within its boundaries.
The Hollywood United Neighborhood Council is established in accordance with the authorized plan of the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment of Los Angeles and complies with Federal, State and City laws.
All Hollywood United Neighborhood Council meetings are open to the public. Please feel free to get involved, help with outreach, run for the Board and build your community.
Find out more about the Neighborhood Council System and what you can do to get involved
Neighborhood Councils are City-Certified bodies made up of elected volunteers from a variety of walks of life (nonprofits, businesses, schools, homeowners associations, etc.) to meet and advise on issues of local concern such as education, traffic, public safety, and infrastructure.
Official Posting Site
until and unless adjusted by the Board
For more information on Posting Sites please contact: